Going cold turkey

So I have been thinking about clothes nonstop lately, which isn't really anything new, but because I am leaving in just over a month(!), I can't buy any of it. It's driving me insane, and to stop myself from blowing the money I need for food and shelter on things I don't (currently) need, I've been browsing saks, bloomingdales, and the like (if i'm going to fantasize, i may as well fantasize about chanel and prada right?) to fulfill my inner desire for pretty things. In the process, I've also made up a list of things I will let myself indulge in as soon as I get home and start making summer money.

1. Kate Spade Essex Scout, in citronella.

perfect for summer, am i right?
How cute would this be with a bright skirt paired with a sheer white top and espadrilles? (A: VERY.)

For the rest of my summer binge, read on after the jump!


2. We Are Handsome Chamrosh bandeau bikini.

can you smell the ocean air?
I am absolutely in love with We Are Handsome's aviary collection, when I first saw it I fell hard for the prints. They're based on mythical birds, and each piece is placement printed, making them one of a kind. I googled the Chamrosh when writing this post, and this is what I've learned: The Chamrosh is a bird from Persian mythology, it has the head of a dog, and the wings and body of a bird, it's also the protector of all birds on earth. (...and it's in Final Fantasy XI, but that's not nearly as cool as immortal archetype of all birds.)

3. Mango Round Tortoiseshell Sunglasses

These aren't an indulgence by any means, but I can't buy expensive sunglasses, I drop them too often. These super cute ones from Mango are perfect, they are only around $40, so I won't be too heartbroken when I inevitably destroy them. Of course, if I were a careful sort of person who could have nice things, I would snatch up those gorgeous crystal rimmed Valentino sunglasses from their print ads in a heartbeat.

4. Tory Burch Swan print wedge espadrilles

 



these are my idea of outdoorsy shoes, ie. no huge five inch heels ala jeffrey campbell.
I know, the swan print is a little bit kitschy, but how adorable are these? They look comfy too, and in hot weather, you can't go wrong with espadrilles.

5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Frida Print dress

Have I mentioned that I adore Marc Jacobs?
This limited edition dress is so fun! I am loving the cut, and the colours and tribal print are right on for summer.

I have a feeling that this list will definitely perk me up during post-vacation depression. Actually, I sort of wish the trip was over so I can buy these things already! Though really, it'd only be for my own good because the longer I deprive myself, the longer this list will get.

...classic denial and bargaining, I am showing all the signs of addiction, aren't I? Or is that grief? Either way, this imaginary shopping spree has perked me right up!

all pictures are from net-a-porter, and shopbop!

One Response so far.

  1. Tinu says:

    I know what you mean. I'm constantly thinking about shopping and shopping and shoes!!
    I think i need spending rehab!
    That bag is delish!

Leave a Reply