It's official, Steven and I have plane tickets for Manchester, leaving on May 13th and returning May 28th!

This makes everything feel so real, I can't believe that in less than two months I'll be in London. I've never been anywhere in Europe before, only North America and Asia! Next year I'll hopefully cross Australia off the list of continents I've yet to visit as well.

I think this is doubly exciting for me because London could potentially be home to me someday. I have a British passport that enables me to work in the UK, and I've been thinking about living in another country after I graduate for a while now. At the moment it's between London and Hong Kong, as I will not have to bother with getting a work visa in either, and I am leaning more towards London. Honestly, I love Hong Kong, I was born there, raised there, I've spent so many happy summers there...but this is about striking out on my own, becoming truly independent for the first time in my life, and I couldn't do that in Hong Kong. There are too many safety nets there, too much family to fall back on if I run into trouble, or get lonely.

Just thinking about it makes me nervous, but I feel like it's something I have to do. I don't want to grow old and look back on my entire life knowing I spent the whole thing living in a giant sheltered bubble. Besides, the way I see it, if I'm going to struggle to understand boys and their ridiculous antics, I might as well struggle to understand cute British boys and their ridiculous antics.

Leave a Reply